Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Leaving Texas

I have lived in Texas all my life. My Texas roots are deep enough that one of my ancestors was counted on the Mexican Census when this land was still part of Mexico.

And yet now, at the age of 60, I and my husband are about to pull up those roots and move to the state of Oklahoma. It is not something either one of us ever thought we would be doing and yet we already have our new home under contract.

The impending move was brought on when husband took a job that had a long term project in Oklahoma.

I believe God opened a lot of doors for this move to take place and its a move that we feel really good about. We are looking forward to new adventures, getting to know a new area, and making new friends.

Moving day is the middle of next month and I am already in a panic about whether I will find enough boxes to move, making sure I have a thorough checklist, getting enough done at work before my last day of work, and a zillion other little details.

I know I will be tired a lot in the days ahead. Sorting, getting rid of extra stuff we don't need and packing is a pretty big job at any age, but I am no Spring chicken. I will get it done though!

1 comment:

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...