Friday, November 9, 2018

Short Timer

Ever since my announcement to retire at work, a few people have given me the nickname "Short Timer".
Yes, I am a short timer for leaving soon but "short time" also describes what little time I have to get certain things accomplished before leaving.
I have a short time to teach some reports to the person who will be my temporary replacement, and a short time to accomplish several other projects, all of which I initially thought I would have longer to get done.
I also have a short time to clean out my office and to do that I have been  giving away office decor, books and other items that I don't want to move with me. There are of course some things I will keep but most of it needs to go.
Another thing I have a short time to do is gather boxes for packing. I need so many boxes! I have got the kitchen manager and purchasing admin both saving boxes from their orders and I know I will need more.
So short timer and short time is an important phrase right now, and mostly it means I have got to get a lot done, but it also means it is a short time until we are moved and getting settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...