Saturday, December 1, 2018

Retirement And What It Looks Like For Me

Yesterday was my last day at work. I am now officially retired from the county position I held for a little over a decade. My coworkers gave me a wonderful send off! It was a great party and a great time with coworkers from all over the building stopping by to visit.

I was given, among other things, an engraved clock and a quilt with signatures and best wishes from coworkers written all over it.

A question asked of me several times has been "What's next?" Well life as we know holds a lot of surprises but the plans so far are to finish packing the house up for our mid-December move to Oklahoma and then in and among unpacking, have Christmas time with family.

Once we are settled there will be no problem for me to keep busy. I have always had lots of hobbies and lots of books to read. I can honestly say I am never bored. There is always something to do.

The things I hope most to do to begin with are:
  • Getting familiar with our new surroundings - the town, nature walks, photographing plants I see, and checking things out while I am taking the dogs for their walks.
  • working on my genealogy
  • working on my scrapbook
  • getting into a bible study group
  • sewing
  • reading
  • getting familiar with the best plants for our new area and doing some gardening 
  • and taking lots of road trips with hubby to explore Oklahoma and surrounding states
I think just this list alone should keep me busy for quite awhile!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nancy! I'm looking forward to your next adventures! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your retirement. Looks like you're ready for the next step.

    ReplyDelete

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...