Thursday, December 6, 2018

Clearing Out for The Move

As I sort through and pack belongings for our move, I have to decide which things I can do without and which needs to go. Most of the items that end up on the "has to go" list I am donating or giving to family members that can use them. 

The hardest part for me personally is that there are a lot of things that, if up to me only, I would get rid of, but I have to consider other family members too. What is extra baggage to me is important to someone else in the family.

I was in the kitchen this morning making what I call "frying pan toast" and as I looked around, critically eyeing all that was in the kitchen, I thought to myself, "We could toss the toaster. It just takes up counter space."  

I really have no use for toasters, they are just a container for collecting crumbs in the bottom that have to be cleaned. 

As a kid, we did not even have a toaster. We always made our toast either in the frying pan as I did this morning or if making a lot for the family, we put buttered bread on a cookie sheet and toasted it in the oven. Any leftovers were eaten as snacks during the day. I don't think we even got a toaster till I was in high school. 

Still, I guess we will keep the toaster because even though I don't use it much, others do.  There are however extra plastic containers and a few extra pans etc. that are definitely going into the give pile.

I still have some packing left to do but am making good progress.

Our current plan is to move next week but will have to make some trips back and forth for awhile to attend our granddaughter's birthday and to get the house here ready to put on the market. 

1 comment:

  1. We got rid of our toaster and have a toaster-oven. It doesn't toast as well as a regular toaster, but we don't have enough counter space for both.

    ReplyDelete

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...