Monday, December 24, 2018

The Move to Oklahoma

We made the move to Oklahoma from Texas on December 14th. 
It has not been an easy move. Packing and unpacking boxes is not as easy as it was when I was younger. 
We also had an emergency situation 3 days after arriving here, when my mother-in-law, who lives with us, suffered a mild stroke. She had to stay in the hospital over night but fortunately since it was so very mild, a "Transient Ischemic Attack" she suffered no permanent damage and is doing very well. 
The house is starting to look like a home. We are not completely unpacked yet but are getting there. 
We have no Christmas decorations or tree up but today and tomorrow we will rest and enjoy the holidays as best we can and look forward to getting together soon with the family to celebrate a belated Christmas.
We have only been out exploring a little. Most of our days have been either in the house unpacking or in the hospital. 
Yesterday we drove up to Lake Eufaula, which is a nice area. The lake is really big and all this area is hilly, which I like. I look forward to seeing it in the Spring when things are green again.  

1 comment:

  1. Moving is a good excuse for not going overboard on Christmas decorations. I'm all for not going overboard so that I can really enjoy the holiday. Some people I know just wear themselves out with too much decorating.

    ReplyDelete

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...