Sunday, August 10, 2008

Crystal City Reunion and Baptist Church Closing

The months of October and November 2008 are going to be big months, wait, make that HUGE months, in Crystal City, TX.

On October 4th is CCHS Reunion headed up Mason Williams. Here is the information for the CCHS reunion:

Location: The Crystal Ballroom which is located about 1 mile southeast of Crystal City on State Hwy 16—the road to Brundage.

Ricardo’s Restaurant of Crystal City will provide a brisket plate with all the trimmings.

The doors will open at 2:00 p.m., and the meal will be served at 6:00 p.m. A DJ will provide music for dancing beginning at 7:30 p.m.

The visiting and dancing will go on until the last person tires out and goes home.

Everyone is invited—ex students, parents, friends, anyone who ever had an interest in the Crystal City School System.

Admission charge is $15 per person.

*****************

On October 5th is the 100th anniversary of the First Baptist Church in Crystal City.

It is also the church's last service due to declining membership.

It's official now I guess (that the church is closing), I have received my invitation. I am looking forward to seeing people I have not seen in years there but I am sad that it is because it is the end of the era of the First Baptist Church of Crystal City, TX.

******************

The second weekend of November is the annual Spinach Festival and though I have not yet received the entry form, our group, the Crystal City Bulletin, is planning to have a float entry in the parade. More information to follow on this.

For additional information on any of the events above, you can email me at the address below. Please note that you will need to put the appropriate symbols in the address where I have written them out. I did this to discourage junk emails.

Email me at - lilbeth511-blogger (at) yahoo dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...