Monday, May 4, 2020

It's Been Awhile

It's been awhile; over a year in fact. The whole time, I kept thinking I would get back to blogging and I never did. Things got in the way, Facebook got in the way, and to be honest, I just felt like I didn't think I had that much that was reader worthy to say. 

I need to be more like my friend Cynthia, over at Life in Merlin who has steadily blogged for years and done a great job of it. Me? All this time I think I have been practicing at it; playing at it. 

I'd like to think this time around I can commit to it. I do have things to say. I just hope people will find them of interest. I need to get my mind off of current affairs and on to other things. 

We have lived in Oklahoma for about a year and four months and we are quite happy here. We finally finished renovations on our house in Texas and put it on the market. It was under contract in 3 days and closed weeks later. It's good to have that finalized. 

I am gardening a little this year. I planted some vegetables and there are now Irises and Day Lilies in the front flower bed that had formerly been filled filled with nothing but landscaping rocks. 

With the Covid thing going on and being quarantined, I decided to try my hand at crochet again and am working on a baby blanket for my great niece that is due in July. It's a mint green color and is coming along well. I am over 2/3's done with it. 

I have really gotten into bird watching since retiring. I have about five feeders set up and two hummingbird feeders. So far I don't have just a huge variety but I do have my "frequent flyers" (pun intended) that visit the feeders every day. Mostly I have a couple blue jays, cardinals, doves, robins and some sparrows and a few brown headed cowbirds that just about took over not long ago till I managed to get them to quit coming in such great numbers. 

Well the dogs are giving me sad looks through the windows wanting to come in and Daisy, the Great Dane is the biggest baby of all, she is whining, so I guess I will close for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...