Thursday, January 22, 2009

Crystal City and Area Deaths

**As sad as it is to post this kind of news, I felt that it was important. These people may not be all Crystal City residents, but as we all know, the south Texas "community" is quite large so in an effort to get the information to those interested I have posted all the area death notices I have received and the name of the person who provided the information. If you care to make a comment that is private, you can use the form at the bottom of the page. No one will see it but me.
Nancy Chisum

*******

Louella Carr emailed me yesterday informing me that my dear mentor Helen Solansky had died. I am assuming maybe on the 16th from what I can tell by the email.

I thought Linda, her daughter was a memeber of this group...Nancy do you know. I cant seem to find her email address in the members list.

Helen was a wonderful, wonderful woman. She broke me into Emergency Department nursing...I could go on for hours about the trully unselfish things she did as a person/nurse....but Helen was too meek to let me do that. She was a huge part of my life as a person and mostly as a nurse...

Link to online obituary. You can leave comments to the family here.

Helen Solansky Obituary


By Sheila Arthur Taylor

*******

Mike Bradshaw, age 61, of Carrizo Springs, died yesterday, Jan. 19th, in the afternoon
while fishing at Port Mansfield with a fellow Game Warden at Port Mansfield.

The cause appeared to be a massive heart attack.

His wife, Debbie of C.S. survives him, along with children, daughter Leslie and family,
son Jake and family. His two sisters also, Jan Mitchell of Carrizo Springs (my
son's mother-in-law), and Kay of Castroville.

Mike's book is in the process of being published. It was in the making for years.
Mike had distinguished himself in the service
of Texas Parks and Wildlife.
He's retired and taken a job training new Game Wardens in the Valley while Debbie
had accepted a fine job in banking in San Antonio. They have kept their home in C.S.

Just found out the funeral arrangements:

Thursday, January 22, 2009
2 p.m.
First Baptist Church
Carrizo Springs, Texas

By Lynn Terrell Brady

*******

Pauline Pond, wife of the late Jim Pond, passed away last night. Visitation will be Friday, January 23, from 2:00 PM until 9:00 PM at Hurley Funeral Home, Pearsall. Services will be Saturday, January 24, 2009, at 10:00AM, 1st Baptist Church, Pearsall; interment will follow in Brummett Cemetery, Frio County

By Brenda Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...