Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cream Puffs Like Mom Used to Make

This past weekend hubby and I were talking about different things as we were making the drive back home from grandson's 5th birthday party, and in the process, we got on the subject of recipes.

I mentioned that one of the things my mom used to make were cream puffs but instead of cream or whipped cream filling she would always put chocolate pudding in them.

I have never actually made the cream puffs myself but I used to be a pretty good hand at taking the filament out of the cream puffs and helping fill them with chocolate pudding. Oh yeah and helping to eat them too!

Here is the recipe!

Cream Puffs

1 cup water
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup flour
4 eggs

(prepared chocolate pudding- set aside)

Heat oven to 400*F. Heat water and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball.

Remove from heat. Beat in eggs, all at one time; continue beating until smooth.

Drop dough by scant 1/4  cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool away from draft. Cut off tops. Pull out any filaments of soft dough.

Carefully fill puffs with pudding. Replace tops and dust with powdered sugar. Refrigerate until serving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...