Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fall-ish Weekend

It's a very Fall-ish weekend. I know it will be short lived and temperatures will return to the 90s tomorrow but still it is a welcome reprieve and I know it means Fall is on its way.

The upcoming season sets my mind buzzing with the many projects I have been waiting to do for "when it gets cooler". Sometimes I get to them, sometimes I don't. The past couple of years hubby has had knee and foot surgeries so my clean out the garage project and the building of several planting beds got put on hold. Still, come what may, I do have some things I can and will get done and most of them have to do with sorting through things in the house and also some gardening. 

Hubby and I took a class in Landscaping with Native plants yesterday. It was the first level of four, taught by the Native Plant Society of Texas. Yesterday's class dealt mostly with plant identification and plant characteristics and included a 2 hour plant walk. It was a good sized class. I would estimate about 30-35 in the class. At the end of the day we were tested on what we had learned. I am pleased to say both hubby and I passed with flying colors! Now I am eager to start putting some of this new knowledge to use in my own yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...