Thursday, October 13, 2016

Herbal Adventures

I got into Herbs and essential oils over a year ago. I started out being interested in essential oils and I do still like them but got kind of disgusted with all the snobbery over which brands work best and that depended on who was selling a certain brand.

I decided to take a more basic approach and learn about the herbs themselves. Get down to the basic plant. I bought a course to take but have only done a little reading and I really need to get with it. I definitely am interested but by the time I get home, studying is not at the top of my list of things I want to do. Still, that is the only way I will become really good at herbal medicine.

Last night I went to Walmart and searched out some of the Traditional Medicinals brand teas. The company was founded by Rosemary Gladstar and it is her herbal course that I am taking. I got the Immune Support tea and one for congestion relief. This morning I tried the immune support tea and it is really good!  It is made with echinacea, lemongrass and spearmint. Since I already have echinacea on hand, I ordered the lemon grass and the spearmint to try and make my own immune support tea from bulk so it will be cheaper.  While I was ordering, I also got some peppermint leaf and also stevia powder to use as sweetener.

I am fired up! I whole-heartedly believe in the nutrition of plants. I want to wildcraft my own remedies not only from home grown herbs but I want to harvest and use medicinal Texas plants as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...