Friday, July 27, 2018

A Funny Thing Happened At Work

I was sitting in my car eating lunch yesterday and remembered a funny story.
I am the School Lunch Program Coordinator for the county Juvenile Department where I work, and I work closely with the Food Service Manager in the kitchen.
Well last year we got a new steam kettle for the kitchen and it was bigger and had so much more steam/pressure that when the kitchen staff opened the lid to the kettle a certain way the steam would shoot straight up and trigger the smoke alarm. The fire alarms through out the entire building would also all go off, cause all 100 or so of us to evacuate the building and also trigger a call to the fire department, and out would come a fire truck!
Thankfully this only happened about three times before maintenance moved the smoke alarm from directly overhead of the kettle!
It was both aggravating and hilarious and it got so that every time I saw a fire truck around town I would text the kitchen manager, and say "Did you set the kitchen on fire again?"

1 comment:

  1. Smoke alarms! On a day we "installed" our new priest, they were lighting the incense burner too close to the alarm, which triggered the alarm, which nearly triggered a visit from the local fire dept with sirens blaring. Somehow they managed to head off the fire posse at the pass.

    ReplyDelete

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...