Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Groceries and Meal Plans


I've been doing more cooking from scratch these days due to rising grocery prices. Grocery shopping over the weekend, I was stunned to see the 60 count boxes of eggs anywhere from $14 to $20! I also saw that the big canister of Quaker Oats was $6. I buy the store brand which saves a couple bucks but it is still high. Everything is high. We all know that but I can't help but have a little sticker shock whenever I go to the store these days. One big find however was turkey for 49 cents a pound!  That was an awesome deal!

I have started making sourdough bread and honestly once you get into the groove of it, it is really not all that time consuming or hard. I have been baking bread once a week for I guess about two months now. 

Since turkey was the star of the week, I cooked one over the weekend. Getting several meals from them is worth the effort of de-boning. We had turkey breast sandwiches the first night, and tonight I'll make turkey and dumplings. 

I made tamale pie last night and instead of beef, I used ground pork and also a can of chili beans. It turned out great and every bit as good as when I made it with 100% beef.

Meal plans for the rest of the week include:

Tuesday - Turkey and Dumplings

Wednesday - Beef and Potato Croquettes

Thursday - Turkey Tacos, salad, refried beans

Friday - Split Pea and Ham soup

Saturday - Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff, Broccoli

Sunday - Chicken and Rice Casserole



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...