Saturday, April 30, 2022

Steak and Potato Casserole for Supper

 


We don't have a lot of steak these days but hubby found some round steak on sale and picked up a package so for supper last night we had what my Mom called Steak and Potato supper. It's a simple recipe and the great thing is you don't have to stand in the kitchen and watch over it constantly.  I heated up a couple cans of peas towards the end of the casserole cooking time and served some sourdough bread I had made with it and we had a meal.

Steak and Potato Supper
Round Steak
2 Tbs parsley
1/8 tsp pepper
4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
½ tsp salt
2 eight ounce cans tomato sauce
* I added a couple TBS Sriracha sauce to this recipe because we like food pretty spicy. 
Cut steak into serving pieces. Dredge in flour and brown on both sides in hot oil in skillet. Place meat and potatoes in a casserole dish. Pour fat out of skillet and add brown drippings to casserole. Add other ingredients and bake at 350*F 1 ½ hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...