Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday and Beef Enchiladas


It's a rainy Sunday and I haven't done much all day. It's one of those days where you just want to nap and so that's what I have been doing. 

I feel so blessed because hubby took up the slack for me today and he has been working on supper. He made beans and enchiladas and I know they will be good. He and I make enchiladas a little different. He buys enchilada sauce for his and uses Velveeta cheese. I make my own sauce and most of the time, I use Velveeta, but growing up when we made my families' enchiladas we used longhorn cheese or what my Dad used to call "rat cheese". 

Here is my recipe:

ENCHILADAS
(my family recipe)
1 ½ pound ground beef
10-12 ounce velveeta cheese
one large onion, chopped (1 cup)
2 Tbs chili powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp comino
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can tomato sauce can water
2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1/8 cup cold water
15 corn tortillas
oil for tortillas about 1/2 cup
Grate cheese and set aside, chop onion and set aside. Dip corn tortillas in skillet of ¼ cup hot oil to soften and set aside (drain on paper towels). Brown ground beef, drain and set aside. In skillet mix chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, comino, tomato sauce and water. Stir  and add cornstarch mixture and meat. Stir. To each tortilla place some cheese, onion and chili mixture. Roll, then put in pan seam side down. Sprinkle top with cheese. Heat through in 375*F oven.
____________

My shoulder problem was a lot worse last night after chopping up two hams for canning.  I'm going to have to see the doctor next week and hope it is not too soon for another shot for the pain. 

Mountain Men is on TV right now and it is a favorite show of mine. The oldest guy, the trapper, Tom Orr, is in his seventies and is a big inspiration as far as reminding us that age doesn't have to be a deterrent to things you want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...