Monday, November 15, 2010

Spinach Fest


I actually almost made it to the Spinach Festival in my hometown of Crystal City, this weekend. I had gone to visit nearby family so I didn't have a lot of time. Add to that I am in an air cast right now from a stress fracture, but I thought for sure I could at least make it to see the parade and hopefully see a few former classmates.


As luck (or the lack of it) would have it, I got sick while I was visiting my siblings and then I found out the parade would not start till afternoon, when for some reason I thought it started in the morning. Anyway, it would have me on the road home too late in the day so I had to pass on the festival "aka a trip down memory lane" for this year. Oh well, maybe next year, and next year I wont be hobbling around in a cast so I guess it was for the best all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...