Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Grandma Magic

In my idealist mind, I have a certain life experience I want to give my grandchildren. For lack of a better explanation, I call it "Over the River and Through the Woods"; reminiscent of the song.

I don't have that that ideal location yet, although my grandmother radar is always actively watching for it, searching for a house and land that would be such an adventure that my grandchildren would have to travel that way to reach me. I don't have the chickens and goats and other animals yet for them to chase around the property.

No, it is not quite the storybook setting I want.

What I DO have so far is a vegetable garden that my grandson (and soon to be granddaughter) can help me in and I am working on landscaping the back yard so that the entire area is kid/pet friendly and no plants are toxic.

I keep plenty of story books on hand with classic Paul Bunyan tall tales and fairy tales and nursery rhymes and I keep a stock of toys. When they get old enough I will have them help me in the kitchen as my own kids did when they were little.

I also have big plans for the other side of my yard which I hope to have a screened porch and plenty of yard games and things for them to do.

I want my house to be the most fun and magical grandma's house ever. A place where memories are made, games are played, and stories are read. I want to hear laughs and giggles and see the happy smiling faces of my grandchildren as long as I can. Now if I can just get the time to do all the things I want and better yet, get the magical place!

"Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go......"

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!
    Love to you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Grandma's place should be special.

    BTW, I would be delighted if you provided a link to THE COWS' CHAUTAUQUA.

    I am happy for the comment, too. I am closing down my other two blogs, but saving the best from each. I told myself I would not move on with my "simplification" project until I got at least one comment on THE COWS. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...