Thursday, July 3, 2014

Nature and Weather Journals

I am a big fan of journaling and I actually do more of my writing in notebooks than I ever do online.

I think journaling is therapeutic,informative,historic and fun. I think writing can be creative. I think a person can also do many types of journaling on paper that is more creative than can be done online, such as the scrapbook style writing.

I'd like to focus on a variety of journal types and journal topics from time to time and the first one I would like to mention is the nature journal.

A nature journal can be observing wildlife, plant life, weather, anything of your choosing, or all of these. Anything found in nature. Sketches can be drawn, pictures taken and placed in your journal,notes recorded. There are really no limits here. Crafters might like a book filled with leaf rubbings and pressed flowers.

The exciting thing is that when you create a nature journal you are recording nature history that might one day be one of a kind and relied upon to know what an area was like in this day and time.

The blog "Unplugged Sunday" wrote a great article on Journaling the seasons. You will find it here:
Unplugged Sunday

If you are more artistically inclined and want to draw sketches of plants or animals, a nature journal such as the one found here, then that might be the way you would want to go with your journal:
Nature Journal-Signs of Spring

The thing to remember about nature journaling is that you don't have to travel a long distance to record nature. It can be in your back yard. You might record the bloom times of the your flowers in your garden; or you might go to a nearby park to make your observations. Whatever method and location you choose, the result will be a satisfying and enjoyable book and hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...