Monday, October 17, 2016

Crab Cakes and Naps

I spent the weekend doing very little. I napped. I worked on some updates I am doing to a journal I am writing for family history purposes, did a teensy bit of housework, and went to church on Sunday.

I stay tired due to sleep issues and being a light sleeper to begin with; it makes for long and frustrating days.  I decided that tonight I am going to give one of those Sleepy-time teas with valerian a whirl and see if it doesn't relax me more.

Last night we had crab cakes for supper. I bought them mostly as a treat for hubby. They are not cheap but I figured "Hey, he works hard so he is worth it". So for my $15 I got 8 -  two inch size crab cakes. I was not really impressed. I mean it was enough, hubby had 4, mom-in-law and I had 2 each and with the side it was plenty, but I was just perturbed at the cost for so little product. I have never made my own crab cakes but I think it would have to be cheaper to buy the plain crab meat and do my own next time.

I spent the rest of the evening going through several cookbooks. "Extending the Table", "Simply in Season", and "More With Less". These cookbooks have practical, frugal recipes from the U.S. and other countries. I made a list of about 10 new recipes to try and I will write about the recipes after we see how we like them.

Have a blessed day!
Nan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...