Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Missing Ceilidh


There have been a lot of things going on this summer. Things that have been, quite frankly very hard to deal with. Things that I am not quite ready to discuss, but it seemed to all begin with losing Ceilidh.

I have had a lot of pets throughout my life, but not many that I have raised from a puppy and there is something about the bond that you form when you have had a pet from the age of 8 weeks AND they live indoors with you.

Back in April, I had just had Ceilidh groomed and had gotten home from work and was holding her and admiring how pretty she looked, when she went into a seizure.

My mother-in-law and I took her to the emergency room at the nearest location and Ceilidh was immediately taken back and given anti-seizure medicines and we were put in a waiting room.

Over the course of what seemed hours, it was conjectured that she might have a brain tumor and a couple of tests were run but still nothing was decided for sure. They wanted to keep her over night.

I called my husband, who was out of town, to get his okay on the expense of it all and while doing that, Ceilidh went into another seizure, threw a clot into her heart and died. She was 12 years old.
It was all just so sudden. No warning.

I was heartbroken when the Vet told me how scared Ceilidh was during the seizures, and heartbroken when I had my last few minutes with her after she was gone.

I sometimes think about getting another Pomeranian puppy but at this stage in my life, I don't think I want to go through all the puppy stages and I just don't think any puppy can fill the void my sweet little Ceilidh left.

Do I still have dogs? Yes, I have three wonderful dogs; two rescues and one other I was fortunate to give a home to and I love them all very, very much.

I have lost some other dearly loved dogs that broke my heart, but as I said, I had Ceilidh all her life. We were all she knew.

I watched her tremble when something frightened her. I took her on road trips. I watched how uniquely she communicated what she wanted. We had a lot of good years together. She was like a baby to me. I will miss her always.


Ceilidh's baby picture



1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your dear little dog.

    ReplyDelete

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...