Friday, September 22, 2017

Keeping My Harvey Evacuees

In the days since Harvey hit the Texas coast, things have been very busy, as I imagine it has been for most Texans.

I have read that 46% of the population of Texas was affected by the hurricane so it is safe to say that the rest of us that were not, all KNOW someone who was affected.

After our son and his wife and family evacuated along with an entire nursing home of residents (his wife is a charge nurse of said nursing home), their lives consisted of living out of a motel to the point that he wound up having to  come and bring the kids and stay with us for a time just so he could give them some place to play. It was all good though, I welcomed the chance to see him and the grandkids.

My daughter has been with us too and caring for the kids during the day and the grandkids have had some fun adventures at the park. One day she had them playing in one particular stream where she knew pyrite could be found. Searching for pyrite crystals kept the kids busy for a good long time.

Other days they stayed at my house and played with the dogs and made playdoh and kicked the soccer ball around and did whatever.

I got to enjoy the kids after work and read them bedtime stories.

They recently went back home and started school yesterday.  School had been delayed due to hurricane damage to most of their schools, but at least their town fared better than the neighboring town of Rockport who had to close their schools indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...