Monday, April 4, 2022

Homemaking and Simple Recipes


Like many other bloggers, I had stepped away from this blog only to return to it again...and again.

The past year, in addition to Covid, we as a family were dealing with getting one house ready to sell and remodeling and moving into another house. The hubby and I also both had surgeries so we were ready to say goodbye to 2021.

I recently finished updating my cookbook and I guess it's that as much as anything that has made me want to return to blogging. 

I know there are a lot of homemaking blogs out there, but we all have a different take on things and as long as I feel I have something to contribute, then I want to do so on this blog.

I am a big fan of simple recipes. I don't like putting together what seems like a hundred ingredients just to make a meal. 

I have collected 5, 4, 3, and 2 ingredient cookbooks over the years. When I brought the last cookbook home, hubby asked me if I would be looking for a zero ingredient cookbook next!

Today's simple recipe is Pork Roast.

I put the roast in the slow cooker and sprinkled the top with kosher salt and then put bay leaves across the top. Done deal.

Tonight I will make up some potatoes; either instant mashed or baked, and cook some peas and call it good. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...