Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Meal Plans and Meal Log

 


I am not disciplined enough to have an exact meal plan for the week. I tried it but sometimes things came up such as for some reason we had to be away and only had time for a quick meal and more often I will base my meal plans on what I can find at the store that is most reasonable. (I won't say a good deal because I haven't seen any truly good deals lately).

Even though I don't have an exact meal plan I keep the following general meal plan that helps guide my week's meals.  I only do this for supper because breakfast is easy and lunch is usually sandwiches or leftovers. 

GENERAL MEAL PLAN:

Sunday - Roast or Casserole

Monday - Ground Beef

Tuesday - Chicken 

Wednesday - Pork

Thursday - Meatless

Friday - Fish

Saturday - Cook's Choice

Additionally I keep a running log of the evening meals we have and by doing so, I can look back on it for inspiration when I can't come up with supper ideas. 

Here is an example of my log so far in April

1st - Store bought lasagne, broccoli and cauliflower mix

2nd - Tortilla Soup and BLT sandwiches

3rd - Meatloaf, cabbage, squash

4th - Pork roast, baked potatoes, seasoned collards

5th - Ranch chicken and potatoes, Beer Bread and salad and I made brownies also

6th - Tonight will be leftover pork roast and Ranch chicken





No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...