Thursday, April 7, 2022

Pot Pies and Mandarin Cake


I had leftover pork roast and leftover chicken today so I chopped each up separately and in two separate pots made fillings for a couple of pot pies. 

The chicken pot pie filling I heated with the following

2 cups cooked chicken

1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted

2 tsp poultry seasoning

1 can mixed vegetables, drained

1/2 can drained peas

1/8 cup powdered Parmesan cheese

2 Tbs dried parsley

1/8 cup water

Once the chicken filling was heated through I poured it into a store bought pie crust (uncooked) I had placed in a pie plate and covered the filling with a top crust. I put slits in the top crust and sealed, trimmed and fluted the edges. 

For the pork pot pie filling I heated

2 cups chopped pork roast

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1 tsp red pepper flakes

3 Tbs liquid smoke

1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1 can mixed vegetables, drained

1/2 can drained peas

1/8 cup water

Once the pork pie filling was heated I poured the filling in the uncooked pie crust and topped with pie crust and sealed, trimmed and fluted as with the other pot pie. 

I baked both pot pies about 35 minutes at 375*degrees.

Here is the Mandarin Cake recipe:

Mandarin Cake

1 package Golden Butter Cake Mix
4 eggs
1 can (11 oz) Mandarin Oranges (reserve liquid)
¾ cup vegetable oil

Pour 1-cup liquid from mandarin oranges into measuring cup. If there is not enough to make 1 cup, add water. Chop oranges. Mix all remaining ingredients with mandarin liquid. Pour into 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350*

Leave cake in pan and cool completely

Mandarin Cake Frosting:
1 can 20 ounce crushed pineapple with juice
1 package (3 ½ oz) Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 carton (12 oz) Cool Whip
Hand stir frosting and spread on cake

Store cake in the refrigerator. 

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meal Plan

  I had a calm and pleasant Mother's Day yesterday. I hope you all did as well. I started the day making oatmeal cookies with cranberrie...